So I got contacted by this great blog nominating me for this Liebster award thingy. “What’s the potential award for said award?” was the first thing I said. Well it would seem there’s no such thing as an actual Liebster “award”, it’s just a neat idea someone came up with to connect the blogger community. The idea is that you go ahead and nominated blogs you like or you feel resonate particularly well. You’re looking for new(er) blogs with under 200 (… I’m gonna say… 200… ish) followers. Normally I don’t do stuff like this, because I have always detested chain mail type things, (Which is kinda what this amounts to, but at least it’s not saying “re-post this to 20 people’s sites/email it to 50 people or a frightening ghost person I made up will eat your face and post it to Youtube for your family to see,” or some nonsense.
I feel I should participate in this one though, if for no other reason than to voice my appreciation to http://nocrybabies.net/ for giving me a nomination. It is nice to know that my still relatively young and quite unknown blog is still appreciated.
at any rate, here are the rules for the award. This is pretty fun! (copied and pasted straight out of my nominator’s post:
As laid out by those before me there are rules of the “paying it forward” nature of this award and this is how it goes: “The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers (I may have fudged this… I didn’t see the followers on all these blogs… that and even if you have a few more than 200… well… you deserve some recognition if your blog said something I liked!) to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Then provide 11 facts about yourself. Then answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you. Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
So first, let me lay down some facts.
1. This blog is anonymous, so don’t get any ideas about figuring out who I am. Seriously. Stop it. I see that mischievous glint in your eye! STOP IT!!!!
2. I share bits of personal information such as work and life circumstances only insomuch as is necessary for the sake of any given blog post. Don’t want anyone to ignore the point of post number 1. Also, since I’m being all secretive, I can’t publicize my blog like most people by shoving each and every post into the faces of all my Facebook friends (seriously, you really think I want to read your journal entry about how your 9th kid fell into the briar patch again?) So the follows on my blog are solely based on people who happen to click on it saying “hey!!! This guy sure is interesting!” (And I’m sure that’s exactly how they say it)
3 Facts 1 and 2 are, in fact, not actually about me, but about this blog. neither is this fact. See. there I go breaking the rules already.
4. I am a rule breaker.
5. I love outdoorsy things and indoorsy things. My likes include, but are not limited to football (I’ve already admitted I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan. I’m sure we’ll have plenty of time to lament that fact in the future.) Basketball, video games, movies, comedies, music, and watching people hurt themselves on Youtube (although I think that last like is pretty darn universal!)
6. Since I’m writing an anonymous blog, I really would love it if you liked in on Facebook and shoved all my posts in your friend’s faces, so that way you look like a self-centered jerk and I don’t. But I promise I’m not a self-centered jerk, I just like how I feel like someone appreciates me when they like and follow my blog. I bet you can relate!
7. I love people. Really I do. Like a bit too much. I’m also really huggy, and I have zero personal space issues. If you did somehow figure out who the guy behind the blog is, and if you met me, I’d probably want to give you a hug. But I’d be worried about you having personal space issues, so I’d probably wait. But if I thought you wanted a hug, then you would get some serious huggage. Or at least a side hug. Come on. Side hugs are the most unobtrusive way to say “I sure appreciate you” in the world. That’s not a violation of personal space! c’mon! gimme a side hug!
8. I’m extraordinarily cheap, but it’s for good reason. If I had more money, I wouldn’t be so cheap. Sorry to everyone I ever knew for being like “hey… ummm… Sorry I don’t want to go to that place with the good food… can we just go to Subway instead?” I’ll make it up for you if I ever get a job that pays me more than 2 bucks a year
9. I also like to exaggerate.
10. I’m easily confused. For example, Why 11 facts in the rules? 10 is so much cleaner. It’s easily divisible by 2 and by 5. 11 is only divisible by itself and 1. what’s with that? you just arbitrarily picked 11 because it’s a prime number? That’s lame. Also, you just learned the extent of my math knowledge. Now please hand me back my calculator.
11. If I could go back in time to any point in history, I would go and see the premiere of the “Wizard of Oz, because I think it would be super fun to see the audience’s reaction when Dorothy opens the door and suddenly everything is in color. I have to imagine that was just one of the coolest moments at the time.
sooo…. now that that’s out of the way… I have to answer questions:
1. Why do you blog?
Well, I started blogging basically to say stuff that I decided I shouldn’t say on Facebook. Blogging basically gave me a space to vent and speak my mind on any given subject without making my mom worry for my eternal soul. It’s evolved into more than that, though, since it’s become a fun exercise to write and see if I can create posts that people actually want to read, and create some sort of following without shoving it into my mom’s face, among other Facebookers who probably wouldn’t appreciate my blog
2. What’s your favorite book or movie of all time?
That’s a tough question, worthy of it’s own blog post. Right now I would have to say that it is “a Beautiful Mind.” That movie is just about perfect in every way. I’m sure I’ll write about it some time
3. If you could choose anywhere in the world to live where would it be?
Europe is fun. Anywhere where there are mountains, really. And green. I like me some scenery.
4. Your dream job would be..?
5. If you were given a publishing deal, what would you write a book about?
probably just random stuff. It would probably be like a blog, with thoughts on life and such. I don’t know if I could stay focused on one plot and make it work for several hundred pages. But who knows? I used to think blogging was a stupid idea, too
6. Your favorite color?
Blue. pick a shade, but blue
7. One thing you want to do before the year ends?
Get a new job. Hopefully one that I enjoy.
8. If you were given a billion dollars with only one day to spend it all and no sign or trace of it to be left behind, what would you?
WHAT WOULD I WHAT? what would I eat? Play? Buy? the sentence is incomplete!!!! I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!
9. What’s your most and least favorite food?
I’m a simple guy. I love pizza. It’s always good. I hate avocado. Who created that soggy mess?
10. Your favorite cause or charity if you have one?
um…. I mean…. I give money at church and stuff… I’m sure the Red Cross is great…
11. Your childhood hero?
Well unfortunately I’m a Dallas Cowboys fan, and I have to fault my admiration for Emmitt Smith. And I loved Michael Jordan. Who grew up in the 90’s and didn’t like Michael Jordan? I mean… I guess if you were a Jazz fan then you didn’t like him, but otherwise…
I also was a big fan of Space Ghost. Yup. You heard me right.
here are 11 questions I would ask you
1. What’s your favorite place to visit?
2. If you stepped in something gross, what would you be most likely to say?
3. if you could get paid to do anything (and anything means you can’t do nothing) what would it be?
4. favorite animal. (doesn’t have to be a real one)
5. Favorite song (if you say Justin Bieber I swear… I might just un-nominate you for this award)
6. do you prefer appetizers or desserts?
7. why do you blog? (I hope it’s not for as shallow a reason as mine)
8. you’re a mutant in the X-men universe. What is your name and your power? (you can pick actual characters from X-men if you want, but that would be totally lame and not nearly as fun as creating your own character)
9. Do you prefer going out to eat or to the movies?
10. Sports or arts? (even if you like both, pick which one you like more)
11. Watch this video to completion, then tell me your thoughts (if you’ve already seen it, Which wouldn’t surprise me as this video has been out for awhile, tell me your thoughts from the first time you saw it)
Here are my nominees (enjoy it, folks. you’ve earned it!) So some of these don’t list the followers they have… soooo… I hope I’m not cheating. Either way these folks deserve mentioning. They’re all better at this than me… anyways, have a fun